Working at Trisan
At Trisan Construction we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you would like to be considered for any future or current openings within our company you can send us your resume and cover letter. If you do not have a resume you have the option of filling out the online application. All information is kept private and will never be shared with anyone.
UPLOAD YOUR RESUME
Snow removal operator
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate pickup truck with snow plow and spreader
- Directly responsible for all snowfighting operations at list of assigned sites
- Manage small team of snowfighters to successfully complete all assigned work
- Winter Contract (Nov-Apr) with opportunity for year-long employment
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Guaranteed salary pay even if it doesn’t snow
- Eligible for seasonal performance bonus
Summary You will be assigned a list of sites in Toronto or Mississauga, for which you will remain responsible throughout the entire winter. This position requires the successful applicant to work on an on-call basis with irregular hours, often overnight, so an open schedule is a must. Applicants must be available and committed to work on very short notice, at all times of the day and night, as dictated by the weather and operational response requirements. This position requires the successful applicant to be physically fit.
Training and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of commercial snow removal or related experience
- Minimum successfully attained high school diploma
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Excellent winter driving abilities with any type of automatic transmission vehicle, often in tight or narrow quarters
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain intimate knowledge of scope of work at assigned list of sites, and remain personally committed to adequate performance of the work at all times
- Operate pickup truck, skidsteer or sidewalk machine with mounted snowplow and spreader to remove ice and snow from designated routes. This requires early morning or late night starts, extended hours, and week-end duty including holidays
- Perform routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids, fueling, greasing, painting, etc.
- Comply with all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations
For the job of project coordinator, he or she will be responsible for assisting in the organization of the construction process. Which involves the delegation of the cost, quality and time aspects of the job, ensuring that the project meets the requirements on a timely basis without surpassing the budget.
The duties for this position are (but not limited to):
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce company policies and procedures
- Prepare Subcontracts and Purchase Orders, as directed by Project Manager
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Ensure good customer service
- Prepare and Maintain Project Schedules, as directed by Project Manager
- Coordinating with suppliers and subcontractors for pricing and scheduling, as directed by Project Manager
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly site meetings with project team, as directed by Project Manager
- Liaison with Consultants as required, as directed by Project Manager
- Knowledge of project contracts, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Capturing of all non-scope work and negotiating payments, as directed by Project Manager
- Estimating Contract Changes, as directed by Project Manager
- Preparation and Submission of Payment Applications, as directed by Project Manager
- Obtain and maintain locates
- Obtain Road Occupancy Permits
- Develop Traffic Control Plans in accordance with Book 7, as directed by Project Manager
- Prepare and submit RoDARS applications
- Prepare and submit water shut off notices
- Review invoices to ensure costs and quantities match what was ordered and delivered
- File, Store and Maintain all project files
- Maintain project logs such as RFI log, Extra log, Submittal log, Weather log, etc., as directed by Project Manager
- Fill out submittal, transmittal templates as required.
- Ensure work is being performed in accordance with drawings, specifications, standards, etc.
- Conduct and record frequent QA/QC inspections
- Work on various project sites at various locations
- Maintain and promote excellent relationships with clients, subcontractors, owners, customers, and the public.
- Adhere to and enforce Trisan Construction’s Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to and enforce Trisan Construction’s Health and Safety Manual, COR guidelines, Occupational Health & Safety Act and other regulations for construction projects
- Develop and submit Operations and Maintenance Manuals, Warranty Manuals, as required by the Project Manager
- Manage subcontractors work performance, as directed by Project Manager
- Review and approved payment applications from subcontractors, as directed by Project Manager
- Gather and file all subcontractor safety documentation as required by Trisan Construction’s Safety Manual, COR
- Perform other duties as required.
- Verify and record hours worked, submit to payroll
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
- Exposure to noise levels that are loud or uncomfortable is expected
- Are often exposed to extreme heat or very cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- This position requires a significant amount of social contact with coworkers, the general public and vendors, making excelled communication necessary.
- The employee will be expected to work 10 hr shifts, however, longer shifts are common.
- Travel within the GTA is required
- Experience with coordination of multi-disciplinary projects
- 3-5 years experience in project coordination in construction environment
- Valid Ontario Drivers License with clean driving record
- A personal vehicle to get to and from different project sites as required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Primavera Scheduling software
Trisan Construction is currently hiring for a variety of mechanic positions. These are full time positions and salary will be based on the candidate’s level of experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of company equipment. You will be responsible for service documentation, attending all safety sessions and maintaining assigned service trucks.
To be qualified, all applicants must have high school diploma and/or trade school completion with experience repairing and maintaining heavy construction equipment. The ideal candidate will have prerequisite knowledge of heavy equipment systems, an understanding of safe job practices for repairing equipment, and exhibit teamwork, verbal, and written skills. Physical requirements include the ability to lift a maximum of 35 kilograms, ability to bend, climb and crawl without restrictions.
Trisan Construction is currently looking for AZ truck drivers.To be considered for this position all applicants must have:
1) At least 2 years of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a AZ License within the past 7 years.
2) Must have a valid AZ License with air-brakes endorsement.
3) Must be at least 21 years of age or older with a clean driving and CVOR record.
4)Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
5) Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background and motor vehicle records check.
6) Be able to drive a standard transmission
7) Must have Tri-axle experience.
Previous candidates need not apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Trisan Construction, I have enjoyed being a part of a growing company while still working with a team that feels like family.
I enjoy working with both my co-workers and clients. I truly feel appreciated as an employee and know my contributions are valued.