Working at Trisan
At Trisan Construction we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you would like to be considered for any future or current openings within our company you can send us your resume and cover letter. If you do not have a resume you have the option of filling out the online application. All information is kept private and will never be shared with anyone.
UPLOAD YOUR RESUME
SNOW REMOVAL OPERATOR
- Operate pickup truck with snow plow and spreader
- Directly responsible for all snowfighting operations at list of assigned sites
- Manage small team of snowfighters to successfully complete all assigned work
- Winter Contract (Nov-Apr) with opportunity for year-long employment
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Guaranteed salary pay even if it doesn’t snow
- Eligible for seasonal performance bonus
Summary You will be assigned a list of sites in Toronto or Mississauga, for which you will remain responsible throughout the entire winter. This position requires the successful applicant to work on an on-call basis with irregular hours, often overnight, so an open schedule is a must. Applicants must be available and committed to work on very short notice, at all times of the day and night, as dictated by the weather and operational response requirements. This position requires the successful applicant to be physically fit.
Training and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of commercial snow removal or related experience
- Minimum successfully attained high school diploma
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Excellent winter driving abilities with any type of automatic transmission vehicle, often in tight or narrow quarters
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain intimate knowledge of scope of work at assigned list of sites, and remain personally committed to adequate performance of the work at all times
- Operate pickup truck, skidsteer or sidewalk machine with mounted snowplow and spreader to remove ice and snow from designated routes. This requires early morning or late night starts, extended hours, and week-end duty including holidays
- Perform routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids, fueling, greasing, painting, etc.
- Comply with all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations
Construction Project Manager
The Applicant will provide construction management oversight and execution for all phases of the construction project, including pre-construction, construction and project close-out.
- Evaluate work orders, contracts and specifications to determine material and crew needs for projects
- Ensure close collaboration and communication with inspectors, sub-contractors and vendors
- Oversee project costs, allowances, contingencies while monitoring contract cost performance
- Schedule projects, crews and inform clients
- Revise schedules when required due to weather, design changes, labour or material shortages, backlogs or other interruptions and keeping customers updated on changes
- Confirm correct materials are loaded on trucks for projects and review installation with crew leaders
- Evaluate final installed quantities with crews, make adjustments to contract accordingly, and hand off to accounting for final billing
- Complete weekly crew paperwork and hand in to the office
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to work in a team environment
- Self confidence in making decisions and directing others
- Highly organized
- Construction aptitude and ability to learn / adjust quickly
- Effective oral and written skills in communicating
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel, employees, vendors and customers
- Ability to be flexible, handle a variety of tasks, and manage multiple tasks independently
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Project experience
- AutoCAD experience is a must
- Estimating background an asset
- Structural lining experience an asset
Compensation based on experience and abilities
Trisan Construction is currently hiring for a variety of mechanic positions. These are full time positions and salary will be based on the candidate’s level of experience.
Responsibilities will include the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of company equipment. You will be responsible for service documentation, attending all safety sessions and maintaining assigned service trucks.
To be qualified, all applicants must have high school diploma and/or trade school completion with experience repairing and maintaining heavy construction equipment. The ideal candidate will have prerequisite knowledge of heavy equipment systems, an understanding of safe job practices for repairing equipment, and exhibit teamwork, verbal, and written skills. Physical requirements include the ability to lift a maximum of 35 kilograms, ability to bend, climb and crawl without restrictions.
Trisan Construction is currently looking for AZ truck drivers.To be considered for this position all applicants must have:
1) At least 2 years of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a AZ License within the past 7 years.
2) Must have a valid AZ License with air-brakes endorsement.
3) Must be at least 21 years of age or older with a clean driving and CVOR record.
4)Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
5) Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background and motor vehicle records check.
6) Be able to drive a standard transmission
7) Must have Tri-axle experience.
Previous candidates need not apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Trisan Construction, I have enjoyed being a part of a growing company while still working with a team that feels like family.
I enjoy working with both my co-workers and clients. I truly feel appreciated as an employee and know my contributions are valued.